The Andes - A Guide for Skiers and Climbers
The Andes - A Guide for Skiers and Climbers is a comprehensive guide book to climbing and ski mountaineering in the Andes. Written by John Biggar, this the 5th edition.
The Andes - A Guide for Skiers and Climbers has long been regarded as the best guide book for the Andes. John Biggar is a very experienced climber and skier who has spent a lot of time exploring the Andean chain.
This guide includes information for all 100 of the major 6000m mountains, plus over 300 other peaks in the range. Routes are explained in detail with great images, maps and diagrams. This is the definitive guide to climbing and skiing in the Andes.
Includes the following areas:
- Columbia - Bogota, Sierra N. de Santa Marta and others....
- Northern Peru - Huaraz, Cordillera Blanca, Alpamayo, Huascaran, Cordillera Huayhuash, Yerupaja and others....
- Southeast Peru - Cuzco and others.....
- Cordillera Occidental
- Puna De Atacama
- The High Andes - Mendoza, Aconcagua, Santiago and others....
- Maule & The Lakes
- Patagonia - Fitzroy & Cerro Torre, Torres del Paine, Tierra del Fuego and others....