Avalanche Search and Rescue - A Backcountry Field Guide | Beacon Guidebooks
A backcountry field guide to avalanche search and rescue. For professionals and recreationalists.
A durable, compact tool to help us remember everything we’ve learned! Leadership, risk management, search strategies, shoveling, medical, patient packaging, rigging, and quick reference cards for the many details involved in a backcountry avalanche rescue.
From risk assessment checklists, to helicopter protocols; from managing human factors to strategic shoveling, Alexis Alloway makes sure you have the most up-to-date, best practices in a quick reference tool that is both beautiful and accurate.
We offer mountain rescue teams, avalanche professionals and ski patrollers a 20% discount on orders of 10 or more. Use code Beacon 20 at checkout.
- Study up early in the season as you transition out of summer
- Refresh yourself mid-season, before or after taking or teaching a class
- Pull out of your pack to double-check your knots and snowpack tests or to jot down field notes
- Waterproof, tear resistant
- For professionals AND recreationalists
- Dimensions: 5.5″ (14cm) X (18cm). Weight: 5 oz (140g)